The move to Phase 2 in Scotland’s route map through and out of the coronavirus crisis is good news for those waiting to sell their home or buy a new property.
From 29th June, you will be allowed to leave home in order to undertake certain activities in connection with the purchase, sale, letting or rental of a residential property which include:
- visiting estate or letting agents,
- developer sales offices or show homes,
- viewing residential properties to look for a property to buy or rent,
- preparing a residential property to move in,
- moving home,
- visiting a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or sale of that property.
All home moves will be permitted (they will no longer have to be reasonably necessary) as of next week, although it is important that everyone continues to comply with the physical distancing and health guidelines outlined by the Scottish Government.
Partner Mary McQueen comments: “We are extremely optimistic about the future of the property market and have a number of properties across Edinburgh and the Lothians desperately waiting to go on the market. If you are thinking of selling, we would recommend clients put their property on the market now to take advantage of the current conditions and additionally our fixed fee deal with no upfront marketing costs*.”