Offers Over £425,000
Property reference: 118743
Closing date: 21 Feb 2019
McDougall McQueen are delighted to present to the market this one-of-a-kind four-bedroom detached Edwardian house in the lovely Midlothian village of Gorebridge. Set in a prime location, ‘Elwyn’, 14 Private Road, is situated just a two-minute walk from the new railway station, connecting Gorebridge to Edinburgh Waverley in under 30 minutes. This substantial property has been upgraded and improved with a host of quality fixtures and fittings throughout by its current owners and makes an ideal family home of considerable character and size, with spacious and flexible accommodation over two levels. There are large private garden grounds surrounding the property which extend to almost one-third of an acre, and a driveway with parking for around ten cars, leading to a double detached garage. ‘Elwyn’ is therefore ideal for those seeking a country lifestyle just a stone’s throw from the city. This individual spacious property is sure to attract a lot of interest and we would therefore recommend viewing at your earliest convenience.
Accom comprises: Entrance vestibule with original tiled floor
• Hallway with Karndean flooring and stairs to the upper level
• Family/living room with bay style window and ornate working fireplace
• Stunning fitted kitchen with cooking island and breakfast bar, Edinburgh press, a host of quality integrated appliances. Fitted units with Corian work surfaces
• Beautiful living room with original ornate working fireplace
• Sitting room with working ornate fireplace and door through to conservatory
• Conservatory with tiled floor, glazed roof and door to garden
• Rear hallway with two cupboards and access to boot room
• Utility room with space for washing machine and tumble dryer, plus plumbing for fridge freezer
• Ground floor family bathroom with three-piece white suite with raindrop shower over the bath
• Upper hallway with two large cupboards and roof window
• Master bedroom with bay dormer window and ornate fireplace
• Bedroom two with dormer window and ornate fireplace
• Bedroom three with far reaching views to the Moorfoot Hills, plus ornate fireplace
• Bedroom four with Velux roof window, currently used as an office
• Lovely family bathroom with four-piece white suite with walk-in shower compartment with drying area, double ended bath and traditional-style towel rail
• Mostly double glazing
• Gas central heating
• Super-fast fibre broadband available
• Burglar alarm (serviced)
• Private and secure surrounding garden grounds that extend to almost one third of an acre
• Generous driveway has parking for around ten cars
• Double detached garage
• Quality fixtures, fittings and original features throughout.
Viewing: By appointment telephone 0131 240 3818
'Elwyn' 14 Private Road
The village of Gorebridge is located approximately eleven miles south-east of Edinburgh City Centre, with excellent transport links to the city by bus or train, and just a short distance from the City Bypass is conveniently placed for access to many local shops and services.
Gorebridge has a variety of local amenities, including schools, an award-winning nursery, health centre, leisure centre, and veterinary practice, as well as shops and restaurants. Gym facilities, such as Bannatynes and Pure Gym, can be found at nearby Newcraighall. Vogrie Country Park, with its country paths and play areas, is just two miles away and is complementary to the plethora of country walks on the doorstep. Nearby livery yards offer stabling for those seeking equestrian facilities.