The McDougall McQueen alternative Christmas message
2017 has been another year of economic and political surprises and intrigue, including:
The merger of established firms McQueen Legal and Allan McDougall, forming McDougall McQueen. The newly merged business has more than 70 Partners and staff combined across 9 offices throughout Edinburgh, Midlothian and East Lothian.
- Prince Harry popped the question to Meghan Markle. I wonder if they will seek advice from our family law team and have a prenup in place?
- President Trump was inaugurated. The 45th US president has certainly made his mark, with American celebrities and high profile figures threatening to leave the country. If they do want to make a move to Edinburgh or the Lothians then we’ll happily help them find their dream home with our Bespoke Property Finder service, and can also help with their commercial affairs.
- George Clooney became a dad to twins, as did Beyoncé, the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting again, and even the Beckhams are rumoured to be expanding their clan. But we also saw the breakdown of many families. Angelina and Brad have certainly kept their family lawyers busy!
- We lost Johnny Hallyday, Sir Bruce Forsyth and Carrie Fisher amongst many other celebrities and actors. Let’s hope they all had their financial affairs in place and had instructed Powers of Attorney and made a Will.
- The Edinburgh property market is said to be overtaking London when it comes to annual house price inflation, and with our unrivalled knowledge of the Edinburgh and Lothians marketplace our property team has been kept busy finding new homes and investment properties for our clients. If you are finding that kids toys and noisy teenagers are taking over you house then perhaps it’s time to think about that next move? Or maybe if you want to avoid hosting Christmas dinner for all the family again next year, you might want to consider downsizing?
From Trump mania to royal engagement hysteria, McDougall McQueen prides itself on being there at the important points in people’s lives where they need legal support to suit them from experienced individuals they can trust.
We wish you a very happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year and look forward to seeing you in 2018.
Mary and Craig
Return to the previous page