But sometimes life doesn’t turn out as planned.
The stress and strain involved in the breakup of any relationship means that the legal issues arising in relation to separation and divorce, division of property and children all require to be handled sensitively and compassionately. Decision making at this time can be very difficult.
We have a wealth of knowledge and experience to help you find effective solutions and are able to offer down to earth practical advice. Whatever the circumstances of your divorce or separation, our aim is to protect your interests and help, wherever possible, negotiate practical settlement. In the event agreement cannot be reached then we will guide and support you throughout the Court process required to achieve a resolution.
Our experienced and knowledgeable solicitors are able to provide advice, support and assistance in relation to the following areas:
- Divorce (including fixed-fee divorce)
- Dissolution of civil partnership
- Children - residence or contact arrangements
- Child support and maintenance
- All financial aspects arising out of separation
- Domestic abuse
- Claims between cohabiting couples
- Claims between civil partners
- Prenuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Cross-border and international issues (including relocation of children)
- Child abduction
Fixed fee divorce
If quick and simple divorces are possible (where there aren't disputes over property or children, for instance), we offer fixed-fee packages. To see whether you'd be eligible, click here.
Other things affected by separation and divorce
Separation and divorce can affect many areas of your life. You may need to sell and buy property as a result. It is also likely you'll want to change your current will. Our colleagues within the firm can help guide you through the procedure so that all your legal needs are met.
With you every step of the way.
What our clients say
- I would like to say that the service I received from Jackie Pringle and Laura Scott was excellent. Jackie always made time to see me or speak to me as and when I required. She advised me throughout the process and kept me up-to-date at all times. Very impressed with how efficient they both were, with letters. emails and court proceedings. I would like to add a very special thank-you to Laura Scott, I have many times picked up the phone to Laura and she has advised me on things that I didn't understand. You are very good at your job and have a very good polite manner, I have never known anyone to be as efficient as you. Thank you for supporting me and guiding me throughout this process. I would not think twice about using you both again or recommending you to anyone.
- Robyn Lowe, Jackie Pringle and Jenni Bruce were such a helpful group of people.
- Through life changing events, I felt the support and advice given by Jackie Pringle, Laura Scott and Craig Forster was first class. I really can't praise them highly enough.
- I felt very well supported by all members of the Allan Mcdougall team, in particular Jackie Pringle. They have helped make a very difficult time in my life less stressful. Thank you so much.
- Nothing was too much for Laura. She is so helpful and understanding. She is a credit to the company. Her service was super.